When there is sexual intercourse between two person of same sex then it is called as homosexuality. Homosexuality is actually a mental disorder. It means that it does not give proper sex desire and satisfaction to the person who is facing this problem. There are many things which comes in our mind when we talk about homosexuality. This Essay on Same Sex Marriage would explore Same Sex marriage, its pros & cons, the reasons why its considered unsuitable etc.
Essay on Same Sex Marriage
The concept of same-sex marriage is both shocking and deeply saddening for many. But the fact of the matter is, it’s a growing reality. With each passing year, more countries are legalizing same sex marriages, be it because they want to or because they have to. Same-sex marriages are not valid in all parts of the world.
Some countries have initiated debate on the subject, while some others have legalized it. However, a majority of countries around the world still consider same-sex marriages as illegal and a taboo.
>>>> Related Post: Essay on Child Marriage For Children & Students
Meaning of Concept
What’s meaning of same sex marriage? A personal commitment to a loving relationship with someone of the same gender. Many people want to get married, but can’t or won’t because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Some who may not be able to commit themselves in a traditional way to one person for life nevertheless want the prestige, security, and public celebration that marriage confers.
Arguments in Favor of Same Sex Marriage
Same sex marriage is good for these reasons:
- It would help the gay and lesbian community feel more secure in their relationships. They would know that if something happened to their partner, they could keep the family home, take care of children, etc. In other words, same-sex couples should be allowed to marry because it will benefit their health, well-being, and security.
- It would allow same-sex couples to file joint tax returns, which could save them a considerable amount of money.
- Same sex marriage is good for the economy because it will boost spending by same-sex couples who want to get married. This is why some businesses have supported gay marriage.
- It would allow same-sex couples the right to visit their partner in the hospital and make important medical decisions for them. Without legal marriage, hospitals can and sometimes do deny this right to gays and lesbians which later causes stress and worry about who will care for their loved ones if they become critically ill or die.
- If same-sex couples could marry, they might feel more at ease disclosing their sexual orientation to family and friends.
- If same-sex marriage is legalized, it would put an end to the controversy and stop the debate about whether or not gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry each other.
Cons of Same Sex Marriage
There are a few cons to same sex marriage:
- Same-sex couples want to be allowed to marry because they want the prestige, legal benefits, and public status that heterosexual couples have. However, those who oppose gay marriage believe marriage should be between a man and a woman for the purpose of having children and raising families which is what the traditional family unit was designed for.
- It could undermine the religious freedom of churches that do not want to marry same-sex couples, because it will be considered discrimination if they turn down requests for same sex marriages, which is against their beliefs.
- The legalization of gay marriage over time could lead to more people thinking that homosexuality is acceptable, when in fact it is not.
- The legalization of gay marriage will result in more children growing up in same-sex households which could be harmful to their development because they would not have both a mother and a father to guide them.
Should it be allowed?
Some people feel that same sex marriage should be allowed because it gives everyone the right to marry the person they love regardless of their sexual orientation. Others think same sex marriage shouldn’t be legalized because marriage is a tradition that has always involved one man and one woman, and that family is the foundation of society. Sometimes for different reasons both sides can make good points, but if same-sex people want to be happy and get married then they should have the right to do that.
There are a few pros and cons about same sex marriage which can make people think twice about why it should or shouldn’t be allowed. However, one may believe everyone has the right to be happy and marry the person that they love, regardless of their sex. Everyone should have the same chance at life because we all want to be loved, respected, cared for and treated equally no matter what our culture or situation.
>>>> Related Post: Essay on Girl Power for Students
In conclusion, whether gay marriage is legal or not they can still love and have a happy life together. Also if the people think they should be legally allowed to get married they should be able to do what makes them happy because that’s how you feel safe and secure in a relationship.