Different Essays on topic Pollution, definition, types, causes, impacts & Solutions in easy simple and short sentences. They are helpful for all children & Students of Ukg kids, class 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10th and college level students. The topic is covered with quotes, examples, statistics, images and info graphics. Enjoy reading these short & Long essays, speech, short essays, paragraph and short notes on Pollution.
Pollution Essay in English
- 1 Pollution Essay in English
- 2 Types of Pollution
- 3 Water Pollution
- 4 Land Pollution
- 4.1 Causes of Land Pollution
- 4.2 Solutions; How to Control Pollution
- 4.2.1 1. Environment Friendly Agricultural Practices
- 4.2.2 2. A balance between Industrial Progress and the Nature.
- 4.2.3 4. Use of Clean Renewable Energy.
- 4.2.4 5. Recycling and Reusing
- 4.2.5 6. An end to Deforestation
- 4.2.6 7. Plant More trees and Spread Greenery all around.
- 4.2.7 8. Mass Awareness & Education
- 4.2.8 9. Sustainable Cities
- 4.2.9 10. Govt Should enact and implement laws to Prevent Pollution
- 5 10 Lines & More Sentences on Pollution For Ukg Kids
- 6 Write a Short Easy Essay on Pollution
- 7 3. Define Pollution for Kids?
Pollution is anything that makes our environment dirty. It render our land, water and air harmful for the living being. It has increased over the course of human progress, especially during the past century.
The major causes of pollution in today’s world are industries, burning of fossil fuels, garbage, sewage, smoke etc. The pollution of all these resources threatens the life in all forms over this planet earth.
The pollution today is entirely man made. Many things that mankind has created or invented during the past century, are the actual causes of increase in global warming. For example, the pesticides, chemicals, poisonous substances to kills weeds and insects etc.
This is a serious global problem. Nothing is immune to the impacts of pollution. The pollution has spread to far and wide. Every part of our world has started to face the grave impacts of pollution.
Types of Pollution
The pollution is a manifold problem. Among the major types of Pollution, the three important are; Water, Land, Air and Environmental Pollution
Air Pollution: Causes & Impacts
Air is an essential need for all living beings. The air pollution refers to the fact that the air is being polluted due to the mixture of many harmful substances in it. The potential reasons why air pollution are; the mixture of some substances like nitrogen, sulfur dioxide, carbon and other gases into the air.
The pure oxygen is essential for living. Due to the presence of dirty chemicals and gases, the quality of air is being compromised. As per the latest reports of World Health Organization around 7 million people die annually due to various forms of air pollution. Study further reveals that 9 out 10 people breathe contaminated air that is dangerous to health.
The most common causes of air pollution are as below;
1. Burning of fossil fuels like coal, gas, oil for multiple uses.
2. Release of smoke into the air
3. Deforestation or cutting down of trees
4. Release of fog, haze etc due to various industrial activities by mankind.
>>>>>>>>>>> Read: Air Pollution; Essays & Speeches for Students <<<<<<<<<<
The water that we drink a natural gift of God. The pure drinking water is essential for living a healthy, stronger and prosperous Life. The pollution of water refers to the fact that the water that we drink is contaminated. It contains many harmful substance into it. The dangerous materials or elements found in water bodies are due to the pollution spread by mankind everywhere.
If we simply define it, the water pollution is simply the presence of harmful substances that are found into the ground as well as surface water like ponds, rivers, oceans etc. These harmful substances get mixed up into water and spoil the quality of water. They spoil the taste of fresh drinking water and renders it harmful for drinking.
The fresh water is a scarce resource. It is the fact out of 100% water available on earth, only 2.5% is drinkable. The water is the essential need of human life. It is needed for personal, domestic, agricultural and industrial use.
Causes of Water Pollution
Water pollution is the sad reality of the world today. The substances that make the water dirty include;
- Sewage of cities that fills the water bodies directly.
- The waste from Industries that directly discharges into the water bodies.
- Other substances into water bodies due to the pollution of soil or environment.
The factors that cause water pollution are called the pollutant. These pollutant including chemicals, gases, waste etc are directly the result of today’s industrial activity.
The impacts of water pollution is gruesome. It is estimated that the polluted water is the major causes of deadly viral disease like typhoid, cholera etc. According to the recent studies of WHO and UNICEF, more than 2.5 billion of people lack access to clean drinking water. It is a sad reality of today’s world.
Unfortunately, mankind has been quite heedless to the call of nature to save water. It is quite disheartening to note that the river bodies like Ganges river, is known as the highly polluted water in term of containing industrial waste, garbage etc. If we look around the world water, the facts about water pollution are quite scary.
Water Pollution is the real issue that we need to be concerned with. The humanity has no more time left, if the present moment is slipped out of the hands. More than the hollow promise and fake words, we need the quick call to avoid the impeding water pollution disaster. We need to to act swiftly and move quickly. The following step that are needed to be taken in account;
- Say a swift No to Plastic consumption.
- Adopt recycling or reuse of plastic
- When you dispose waste, ensure that is dumped or disposed properly with minimum threats to environment.
- Don’t waste water. Adopt water conservation methods in your life.
- Make it a habit and start spreading awareness regarding safe and judicial water usage.
The earth is our mother. It raises us by providing all the essential means of sustenance over the planet. But unfortunately, the health of mother earth or land is being compromised.
The soil or land pollution, in that sense, refers to that fact that the land the sustains us, is being polluted. The destruction of the surface of soil is directly the result of various Industrial activities by mankind.
Causes of Land Pollution
The land pollution is the recent phenomena. If we look closely, the land pollution has the following causes in point. The major factors of land pollution include;
- Cutting down of trees, the salinity and water logging.
- Modern agricultural practices that include using pesticides, fertilizer, chemicals, excessive irrigation etc.
- Excavation or the mining of earth beyond the limits and the use of dangerous elements, chemicals etc for it.
- Urbanization and Industrial activities.
- Dumping of waste like chemicals, plastics, garbage etc into the heart of earth.
The pollution of soil results in severe consequences. Mankind has to pay it heavily. In first instance, the soil pollution has rendered the earth infertile. Due to the imperfect agricultural practices the productivity and power of the earth has declined.
The earth looks barren and empty. Secondly, the soil pollution has impacted the natural ecosystem. The unwanted climate patterns, global warming, torrential rains, floods etc are the real manifestation of it.
Apart from this, the soil pollution has the direct impacts on human health. Since, the earth feeds all the living beings like a mother. An unhealthy mother brings the unhealthy babies. The spread of various deadly diseases is the sure testimony to the bad impacts of soil pollution. Thereby, the land pollution is a serious issue that we all need to be worried about.
The pollution is entirely a man made problem. Therefore, in order to effectively restore the balance of nature we need to take the serious efforts to reduce the land pollution. Some of the listed steps include;
- Don’t participate in producing waste and garbage. Instead, ensure that the waste or garbage is properly disposed away
- Minimize the use of pesticide or fertilizers in agriculture
- Plant more trees and start go green campaigns
Solutions; How to Control Pollution
Pollution is a global problem. It is the collective issue and thereby, it needs a collective approach to end it. Since, it is not an overnight issue. Instead it is a deep rooted issue and thereby needs a thorough strategy. The following 10 ways can effectively reduce the pollution.
1. Environment Friendly Agricultural Practices
Agriculture is the primary source of our living. It provides the means of our stay here on earth. We need to adopt environment friendly agriculture practices minimizing the use of pesticides, fertilizers, no salinity and water logging etc.
2. A balance between Industrial Progress and the Nature.
The Industrial progress is the call of time. We can not simply ignore it. It has been the blessing for humanity. The fruits of Industrial progress is the heart of present civilization. We need to keep a balance between Industrial progress and natural ecosystem. We must ensure that we may sacrifice the nature at the alter of human progress.
3. Ensure the Effective waste Disposal mechanism
The root cause of pollution is the improper disposal of waste. Therefore, all we need is ensure that we do not dispose the waste like garbage, industrial discharge, chemicals, plastics etc into the land or water. We need a proper waste disposal mechanism.
4. Use of Clean Renewable Energy.
The energy is the base of our life today. The burning of fossil fuels for producing energy has become our necessity. But, we should not let the nature pay the price for it. We need to adopt and accept the clean and renewable energy like wind, solar, hydroelectric energy.
5. Recycling and Reusing
Recycling of waste material is a best alternative. It would not only solve the waste disposal issue but also lighten the stress of excessive production of materials for use. The reuse of plastic and other waste has a lot of additional benefits as well.
6. An end to Deforestation
Nature is the beauty of earth. Unfortunately, it is being wiped out. The earth has worn a weird and barren look due to loss of green trees, meadows, patches etc. We need to stop cutting down trees and destroying the nature.
7. Plant More trees and Spread Greenery all around.
The greenery is the beauty of nature. We must ensure planting more and more trees to help environment balance the nature. Mother earth would be thankful and would reward us for going green all around.
8. Mass Awareness & Education
Since, the pollution is a bigger issue. It needs a collective responsibility. It needs the entire world to stand for saving the environment and address the pollution problem. Therefore, there is a strict need to spread mass awareness to educate the entire world for this collective cause.
9. Sustainable Cities
One of the major challenge that we face is the urbanization. Population explosion and the growth of unplanned, slum cities and housing has created a major issue. The crowded places with no regard for laws and regulation, are the real cause of concern. For that we need the sustainable cities with proper care and planning
10. Govt Should enact and implement laws to Prevent Pollution
We need to ensure the implementation of laws to help save the environment. New laws and regulations must be enacted that may bind people for adopting the ways to help save environment issues.
The pollution is indeed a grave issue of concern. It merits due attention and care. In order to have the healthy future ahead and ensure the progress the success of successive generation, we must stand and act unitedly to address it
Essay on Pollution Video; Causes & Impacts & Solutions
10 Lines & More Sentences on Pollution For Ukg Kids
1. Pollution is a man made process whereby our environment is being made dirty and polluted.
2. The pollution is the condition when our land, air, water and whole environment become dirty and contaminated.
3. Due to the pollution, many harmful substances like smoke, chemicals etc are mixed into the environment
4. The pollution is very dangerous to life. It causes many deadly diseases on earth.
5. There are some kinds of pollution. The major types of pollution are; land, air, water and earth pollution.
6. The major cause of air pollution is the release of toxic gases like carbon, chlorofluorocarbon etc into the atmosphere.
7. The burning of fossil fuels, smoke from factories and vehicles create the pollution.
8. The air Pollution is the major causes of many respiratory disease that we face today.
9. Many countries like India, china, USA, UK are facing the bad problems created by air pollution.
10. The water pollution is called when our drinking water becomes dirty due to the presence of invisible harmful materials into it.
11. The fuels like petroleum and gas that we use in our vehicles and other purposes also makes our environment dirty
12. Plants are friends of earth. The cutting down of plants has caused more pollution in our environment.
13. The pollution is a man made issue. Therefore, we should collectively take steps to finish it.
14. We can stop air pollution by reducing our release of smoke, gases, etc into the atmosphere.
15. We can use clean and renewable energy so that our environment may not become dirty
16. The soil pollution can also be stopped if we reduce the use of fertilizers, chemicals, pesticides etc in it.
17. We can learn the climate friendly agriculture methods for fresh and organic food.
18. We can stop water pollution if we stop dumping sewage, waste, or the dirty water from factories into the water.
19. We should ensure that we may not make fresh water dirty by allowing the discharge of our city sewage or the industrial waste into the water bodies.
20. Green Forest, Plants and Trees are the friends of nature. We should plant more trees and go green.
Apart from that, we must organize and motivate our people for the collective purpose of saving our environment for the good future
Write a Short Easy Essay on Pollution
Earth is the mother of life. It the home of millions of specie that live over here. It provides the means of stay for all living beings including fresh and clean air, the green trees, plants, food among the other other things. The pollution has severely impacted the earth. The continuous unchecked release of toxic and other substances have rendered the earth dirty and polluted.
The pollution is counted in four major types that include; land air, noise, and water pollution. Unfortunately, over the course of past century, the pollution problem has increased beyond the limit. The world is facing the threatening issues of pollution of every type today.
The soil pollution has rendered the earth infertile and empty. The water pollution has impacted the quality of water. Mankind has been facing with a host of deadly diseases due to air pollution. The noise pollution, on the other hand, has imbalanced the calm and sweet environment of world today.
The pollution today is not a new and overnight issue. It has developed gradually through out the course of many years. Thereby, the pollution problem is deep rooted into various man made activities. Each and every type of pollution has the sufficient reasons behind. Among the major causes of air pollution, the release of toxic materials into the atmosphere is one.
Mankind need the fresh and healthy air to function. The contamination of fresh air due to the presence of dirty materials into it, has been the major cause of countless diseases today. The air pollution has badly impacted the lives of people all around the world.
The earth has been given the gift of water. The fresh drinking water is available only in limited amount. It is the sad reality that the drinking from the ground or the surface of earth is entirely polluted.
The water pollution means when the water is impure with the mixture of harmful chemicals and gases into it. The consumption of that water has serious health problems for human beings. Since, the water is important in every field of our life, it is the worst victim of pollution.
Water whether in agriculture, industry or in domestic usage today is badly polluted. The problem of land pollution, on the other hand, is another issue of the world today. Land pollution occurs due to dumping and littering waste, garbage, chemicals, plastics, etc into the heart of earth. In addition to that, the weird agricultural practices of excessive usage of pesticides and fertilizers, is another issue.
There is no denying the fact that the pollution is a man made issue. The impacts of pollution is apparent to us. The spread of deadly diseases, global warming, climate change, droughts, floods, heatstroke etc are the manifestation of a imbalanced environment.
The time, however, is still there to minimize the impacts of pollution. We need to adopt and accept the responsibility of securing our mother earth. The life is indeed a gift on mother earth but sadly, the pollution would end it, unless stopped otherwise.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Define Pollution?
Pollution, in short simple words, is the presence of dirty, invisible, harmful substances in the environment. These pollutants include the presence of green house gases in environment, smog, smoke, garbage, release of poisonous gases by industries into the land, water, air and all environment around us.
2. Name most important types of Pollution?
The major types of pollution include; Land Pollution, Water Pollution, Noise Pollution, Light Pollution, Thermal, Radio active and air Pollution.
3. How would you write a pollution essay in English?
The pollution refers to the writing about Pollution, its types, causes and consequences with detailed solution how to prevent pollution.
3. Define Pollution for Kids?
Pollution is called when our land, water, air and all environment around us, is contaminated due to the presence of dirty pollutants in it. Those pollutants include the release of dirty poisonous gases from industries into the air and water, dumping of garbage into the earth, burning of fossil fuels etc.
4. What are the impacts of Pollution on environment?
Pollution is dangerous to our environment. The Pollution of earth, water and air has affected the life on this planet earth. It has resulted severe disease, climate change, contamination of land and water, poverty, drought, famine etc. There pollution is the real problem to be stopped
5. What ways should we adopt to stop pollution??
Pollution can be stopped further by taking a certain sincere and productive steps including, planting more trees, stopping deforestation, urbanization, garbage dumping and minimizing the release of poisonous gases into the environment to fight global warming. It is a collective responsibility and a major risk of human extinction unless stopped.
The global pollution is the greatest human enemy. It is caused by many factors including urbanization, firecracker, festivals like due to Diwali, fossil fuels burning etc. These essays are in detailed outline, with heading, subheadings, quotes, points, topic wise step by step discussion on hazards and negative effects of pollution.