Tigers are the powerful, brave and bold predators. They can be found all over Asia, including Siberia, China and India. Tigers hunt at night and at dusk. Following Essay on tiger, its traits, kinds, characteristics etc shall help children & students in school exam, test preparation etc for primary, middle & high school students.
Essay on Tigers | 10 Lines Short Essay For Students
Tigers are powerful animals with broad heads, thick necks and large jaws. Their coats look very smooth due to the loose skin where necessary muscles can be moved freely. This is helping them for camouflaging in their environment The cats have stripes on their bodies so that they can easily hide themselves in jungles or forests when it is time to be still.
Tigers have large paws that are padded with fur for hunting. They have long tails, head and torsos with thick bones. Their skin colour is generally golden or orange but they can be white too. Black stripes radiate from the corners of their eyes towards their ears giving them a tigerish look.
>>> Related Essay: A Picnic Day at School Essay
There are 5 subspecies of tigers.
The most well known are the Bengal Tiger, Malayan Tiger, Siberian tiger and South China tiger. The rest are usually found in different parts of Southeast Asia or Siberia. Bengal Tigers generally live on grasslands, but they do have preferences to specific habitats. They can be found along the Himalayan foothills, in dense tropical rainforest and on grassland. Malayan Tigers prefer to stay in lowlands like swamps, mangrove forests or tropical rainforest.
Siberian tigers are also known as Amur tigers. They live mostly on coniferous forest of eastern Russia. South China tigers live in temperate forests of southern China. They mostly hunt pig and deer in the forests, but they will also prey on anything else from turtles to cattle if they find it. Their diet is influenced by their environment.
Tigers are found in Asia, from the Siberian far east through India to the Indonesian islands of Java and Bali. The Bengal tigers are restricted to India, Bangladesh, Nepal & Bhutan while other tigers also inhabit areas in Russia (Amur tigers) and the Indonesian islands of Sumatra, Bali & Java. Many tigers have been left in small pockets of land that are very rarely visited by humans. They are now being protected in many national parks around the world, but they were once threatened with extinction due to hunting for their body parts.
Tiger is an endangered animal lives in Indian subcontinent. There are only 2,500–3,000 tigers left in the wild. They are rapidly disappearing because of encroachment on their habitat, poachers and loss of prey base due to increased agriculture activities around the forests. The tiger has also lost much of its habitat to palm oil plantations in Indonesia and Malaysia. After China, India is the next big consumer of this oil which leads to massive deforestation.
Tigers also die while they are trying to cross roads because their movement patterns are influenced by availability of these plantations, so conservation efforts need to be scaled up. They are mostly found in densely forested regions of the Indian subcontinent, including some of the world’s major river basin areas. In India alone, their population is estimated to be between 1,300 and 1,600.
How Tiger Hunt?
The tigers are one of the greatest hunters on earth. They are very good at stealth and camouflage too. To catch their prey, they stalk it for hours before attacking suddenly. When they attack, they leap at least five feet into the air. The force with which they land on their prey is so powerful that it knocks the prey over.
Tigers are also capable of breaking open skulls with one swipe of their paw, or biting through their victim’s throat so they can’t run away. After making a kill, tigers will drag it to a safe place and cover it with leaves and grass so that other predators cannot smell it.
Ten Lines & More Sentences on Tiger For Students
- Tigers are the largest species of cats that live on the Indian subcontinent.
- They have large paws that are padded with fur for hunting.
- They have long tails, head and torsos with thick bones.
- Their skin colour is generally golden or orange but they can be white too.
- Tigers have a stripe pattern on their skin, which helps them to camouflage.
- They hunt during the night and dawn or dusk. They stalk their prey for hours before making a kill suddenly.
- Once they make a kill, they drag it to a safe place and cover it with leaves and grass so that other predators cannot smell it.
- Tigers mostly eat prey that is smaller than them, but they will also hunt and kill any animal for food.
- Tigers usually eat a large amount of meat at one time, and they will go hungry for a week or more before hunting again.
- Tigers are more likely to attack prey with soft underbellies, like deer.
- They attack their prey by pouncing on it, and they use the weight of their body to knock it over.
- Tigers also hunt large animals like pigs, buffaloes and calves because their skulls are harder.
- When attacking prey that has sharp teeth, like monkeys, tigers use their paws to knock them into submission before killing them.
- They don’t eat carcasses of killed prey for sometimes due to the risk of eating poisoned bodies.
- Tigers are very good swimmers that enjoy playing in water.
- The mother tiger will teach its cubs how to hunt when they are around 2 years old, but the cubs will not start hunting until they are around 18 months old.
- During this time, the mother teaches them how to hunt by bringing dead prey back for the cubs to see.
- The mother tiger will also play with her cubs during this time, which helps them learn to hunt properly.
- Once the cub is able to hunt on its own, it leaves the mother and sets out into adulthood.
- Tigers are one of the greatest hunters in the world.
- They are able to stalk their prey for hours before making a kill suddenly.
Short Essay on Tiger
It is an animal that belongs to the family of big cats, which are found in India and China. They have long tails, head and torsos with thick bones. Their skin color is generally golden or orange but they can be white too. They have large paws that are padded with fur for hunting. There are six types of tigers that can be found in India, Bangladesh and Nepal. They include Bengal tiger, Siberian or Amur tiger, Sumatran tiger and South China tiger among others.
Tigers are different from other predators because they have special characteristics that help them to hunt. For example, they are strong enough to knock over a deer with a single swipe of their paw. They have good eyesight, which is sharper than that of most other mammals. Their sense of smell is also very strong. Their hearing is acute and they can even hear low frequency sounds that may not be audible to humans. They also have very powerful muscles, which make them very strong.
>>> Related Post: Essay on Lion For Children & Students
Tigers are one of the greatest hunters in the world. They have short hair and a thick coat, which protect them from the cold. They also have sharp claws that help them to hunt for prey during the night