This essay talks about Space, concept of space exploration, space travel and tourism and benefits and wonders of space exploration.
Essay on Space | Space Exploration, Meaning, Concept & Benefits
Space is defined as a continuous expanse or area that is free, available, or unoccupied. It can also refer to the physical universe beyond the atmosphere of Earth. The concept of space is very important in physics and mathematics. In physics, space is considered as one of the fundamental parameters like time. Mathematically, it is considered as a manifold with certain properties. The study of space is called as ‘Astronomy’. The knowledge about space and universe was there in the prehistoric times.
Space exploration is the ongoing discovery and exploration of celestial structures in outer space by means of continuously evolving and growing space technology. Space exploration, like all technological revolutions, has been driven by a steady progression of revolutionary new technologies and ideas.
>>>>> Related Post: ” Essay on Advanced Technology“
How space exploration is facilitated today:
Space exploration is facilitated by means of latest technological advancement. New space technologies have played a significant role in enabling space exploration. It has become possible to explore space and lunar surface with the help of robots. Spacecrafts are used to explore different planets and their satellites. There are various telescopes like Hubble telescope which helps in exploring the universe.
Benefits of Space Exploration:
1) Helps in understanding the universe: Space exploration helps us in understanding the universe and its various mysteries. It also helps in getting new information about different planets, stars and galaxies.
2) Helps in advancement of technology: Space exploration has led to the development of new technologies which have revolutionized our life. Some of the examples are satellite communication, GPS, weather forecasting, etc.
3) Helps in economic development: Space exploration has helped in the development of many new industries and has generated new employment opportunities. It has also helped in the development of infrastructure.
4) Helps in inspiration and education: Space exploration has inspired many people especially young generation to take up science and technology as their career. It has also helped in increasing the level of awareness about science and technology among people.
5) Helps in international cooperation: Space exploration has helped in developing international cooperation and collaboration. Various countries are working together for the exploration and utilization of outer space.
6) Helps in maintaining peace and security: Space exploration has helped in maintaining peace and security. The peaceful use of outer space is essential for the future of mankind.
7) Helps in solving various problems: Space exploration has helped in solving many problems on Earth like energy crisis, environmental pollution, etc.
8) Helps in providing recreation and entertainment: Space exploration has also provided recreation and entertainment. People can watch live coverage of space exploration missions.
9) Helps in promoting tourism: Space exploration has also promoted tourism. People visit different places to see the launch of rockets and satellites.
10) Helps in preserving our heritage: Space exploration has helped in preserving our heritage. The data collected by space agencies is used to study the impact of climate change on our planet.
Drawbacks of space Exploration:
1) High cost: Space exploration is a very costly affair. It requires a lot of money for research and development, construction of spacecrafts and launch vehicles, training of astronauts, etc.
2) Risky: Space exploration is a very risky affair. There is a risk of accidents and injuries to the astronauts.
3) Environmental pollution: Space exploration has also led to environmental pollution. The rockets and spacecrafts emit harmful gases into the atmosphere which pollute the environment.
4) Impact on social life: Space exploration has also impacted our social life. People are becoming more isolated as they are spending more time in space.
5) Military applications: Space exploration can also be used for military purposes. The militaries of different countries are using space technology for their benefit. This can lead to an arms race in outer space.
Space travel and Tourism
Space travel and tourism is a growing industry. People are now able to travel to space and experience weightlessness. Space hotels are being constructed where people can stay for a short period of time. Space tourism has many benefits like economic development, employment generation, etc. However, it also has some drawbacks like high cost, risk of accidents, etc.
>>> Related Post: ” Essay on Weather“
Space exploration is a very important aspect of our life. It has many benefits like advancement of technology, economic development, inspiration and education, international cooperation, maintaining peace and security etc.