Fear is the state of mind whereby an individual feels insecure and threatened by varying internal or external causes. Fear is the feeling of insecurity that a man experiences while dealing against a challenge in life.
Speech on Fear | Fear of failures Speech
Greetings! Respected teachers and my dear friends,
I hope all of you are doing great. Today, I have been given an opportunity to speech on a very important topic i.e. fear and its significance in our lives. As we know, life is full of challenges and these challenges come with a feeling of insecurity and threat which we call as fear.
Fear is the grave mental challenge when felt. It is experienced with the presence of uncertainty in mind. It is a human emotion that every person experiences in his lifetime. Fear can be of anything whether it is of failure, success, interview, public speaking or even of death. It all depends on the perception of an individual.
The basic feeling which a person experiences while under fear is of insecurity and threat. When a man faces any challenging situation in life, he feels frightened and his mind gets disturbed. This is because he is not sure whether he will be able to deal with that situation or not. Fear comes into play when we are not confident about ourselves. It is the state of mind when we feel that we are not capable enough to achieve something. This lack of confidence gives birth to fear.
Fear can have both positive and negative impacts on our lives. It is said that fear is our biggest enemy as it doesn’t let us move forward in life. It hampers our decision making ability and makes us weak from inside. On the other hand, fear also motivates us to work hard and achieve our goals. It gives us the strength to face all the challenges of life.
Now, let us see some of the common fears which we experience in our daily lives and their causes:
1) Fear of failure: This is the most common fear which we experience in our lives. The main cause of this fear is low self-confidence. We feel that we will not be able to achieve our goals if we fail once. This fear doesn’t let us take risks and try new things in life.
2) Fear of success: Many people also have a fear of success. They think that they will not be able to handle success and it will lead to their downfall. This fear stops them from working hard and achieving their goals.
3) Fear of interviews: Many people have a fear of facing interviews. They think that they will not be able to answer the questions properly and it will lead to their rejection. This fear hampers their career growth.
4) Fear of public speaking: This is another common fear which many people experience. They think that they will not be able to speak confidently in front of a large number of people. This fear limits their ability to express themselves and share their views with others.
5) Fear of death: Many people also have a fear of death. They think that death is the end of everything and they will not be able to experience the joys of life after death. This fear disturbs their peace of mind and doesn’t allow them to live their life to the fullest.
These were some of the common fears which we experience in our lives. Now, let us see how we can get rid of these fears to stay confident and winner.
1) The first and the most important thing is to accept that you are afraid of something. This will help you to overcome your fear.
2) Try to understand the reason behind your fear. This will help you to deal with it in a better way.
3) Face your fear. This is the best way to get rid of it. Try to do things which you are afraid of. This will help you to build your confidence and overcome your fear.
4) Take the help of a counselor or a therapist if you are not able to deal with your fear on your own. This will help you to understand your fear in a better way and get rid of it.
5) Believe in yourself. This is the most important thing. You should have faith in yourself that you can do anything. This will help you to overcome all your fears and live your life to the fullest.
These were some of the ways in which you can get rid of your fears. So, don’t let your fears rule your life. Face them with courage and confidence. Believe in yourself and you will surely be able to achieve all your goals.