This essay talks about a road accident of car and coach, Causes of increase in Road accidents and what efforts can be taken to minimize the threat of Road Accident. This essay is written in simple English and in easy to understand words. It is very helpful for children and students.
Essay on a Road Accident | Causes & Effects of Road Accidents, Ways how to Control Accidents
Road accidents are one of the most common problems that everyone is facing everywhere. So, here we will discuss the causes of road accidents and what efforts can be taken to minimize the threat of road accident.
A road accident is an unpleasant incident that happens due to the careless driving of a vehicle. It often results in damage to public property, vehicles and sometimes even human lives. There are many factors that contribute to such accidents.
A Road Accident
I was traveling from Manchester to London by car. It was a pleasant journey as the weather was fine. On the way, I saw a road accident. A car had collided with a coach. The coach was overturned and many passengers were lying on the road injured. Some of them were shouting for help. People had gathered there. The police had also arrived there. They were trying to help the injured passengers. An ambulance was coming. The accident had caused a big traffic jam. The vehicles were stranded on the road for a long time. It was a shocking and disturbing sight.
The Causes of Road Accidents:
There are many causes of road accidents. They are as follow;
1. Over-speeding: The most common cause of road accidents is over-speeding. Many drivers do not follow the speed limit and drive at a very high speed. This increases the chances of accidents as they cannot apply brakes on time in case of an emergency.
2. Drunken Driving: Drunken driving is another major cause of road accidents. Many drivers drive under the influence of alcohol and this reduces their ability to concentrate on the road. This increases the chances of accidents.
3. Distraction: Another cause of road accidents is distraction. Many drivers use mobile phones while driving which distracts their attention from the road. This increases the chances of accidents.
4. Lack of sleep: Another cause of road accidents is lack of sleep. Many drivers drive for long hours without taking a break. This makes them tired and increases the chances of accidents.
5. Bad weather: Bad weather is also a cause of road accidents. In bad weather conditions, visibility is reduced and this increases the chances of accidents.
Efforts to reduce Road Accidents
There are many efforts that can be taken to reduce road accidents. They are as follows;
Speed limit: The speed limit should be enforced strictly and drivers should be fined for driving over the speed limit. This will help to reduce the number of accidents.
Education and Awareness: There should be awareness campaigns to educate people about the causes of road accidents and how to avoid them.
Punishment to careless drivers: Careless drivers should be punished severely to set an example for others. This will help to reduce the number of accidents.
Better road infrastructure: There should be better road infrastructure with wider roads and better signage. This will help to reduce the number of accidents.
Road accidents are a major problem and they need to be addressed urgently. There are many measures that can be taken to reduce road accidents. If these measures are implemented, the number of road accidents will decrease significantly.