This speech on health and hygiene talks about these main points; What’s health and hygiene, features of health and hygiene in personal & Professional Life, reasons as to why health and hygiene is necessary in our life, how to adopt and prioritize health and hygiene for students.
This speech is written in simple English and in easy to understand words for children and students.
Health and hygiene is a term often used interchangeably. But they are two different words with two different meanings. Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Hygiene on the other hand is defined as conditions and practices that help to maintain health and prevent the spread of diseases.
Speech on health & hygiene
Respected teachers and my dear friends!
We all know that health is wealth. However, do we really know what health is? And, why is it important to maintain good health and hygiene?
Health can be defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being. In other words, it is not just the absence of disease or infirmity. Hygiene, on the other hand, refers to the good practices that help in preventing the spread of diseases.
>>>>> Read Also: ” Essay on Mal Nutrition “
Some of the key features of good health and hygiene are:
1. Personal hygiene: This includes maintaining cleanliness and taking care of one’s own body.
2. Food hygiene: This involves handling, preparing and storing food in a clean and safe environment.
3. Environmental hygiene: This includes keeping the surroundings clean and free of disease-causing germs.
4. Occupational hygiene: This refers to maintaining cleanliness and safety at the workplace.
There are several reasons why health and hygiene are important. Firstly, good health is necessary for our overall well-being. Secondly, it helps in preventing the spread of diseases. Thirdly, it leads to a better quality of life. And last but not the least, it helps in preserving the environment.
So, how can we maintain good health and hygiene?
1. We should practice personal hygiene by taking a bath daily, brushing our teeth twice a day, washing our hands before and after meals, and so on.
2. We should follow food hygiene practices such as washing fruits and vegetables before eating them, cooking food properly, storing food in clean and dry containers, and so on.
3. We should keep our surroundings clean by disposing of garbage properly, not littering, and so on.
4. We should adopt safe work practices such as using protective gear while working with hazardous materials, following safety rules at the workplace, and so on.
>>>>> Related Post: ” Essay on Fire Safety ”
Students, you must have heard about the saying – ‘health is wealth’. This is because good health is the most important wealth that we can have. So, let us pledge to maintain good health and hygiene for ourselves and for our environment.
Leave a Reply