The beloved earth is the only planet that sustains human being in Solar System. Our mother earth feeds us, nourishes, grows and makes place for continuous improvements in life. However, there are hell of challenges to the purity of nature and mother earth due to industrial progress of human beings. This speech tells what is mother earth? How our earth is unique from other planets? In what ways our mother earth takes care of all living beings? What are the key challenges or threats that our earth faces these days? What are its key causes and major solution to save mother earth.
Speech on Earth For Students
It is my great honor to be here and talk about our beloved earth – the only planet that sustains human being in Solar System.
As we all know, the earth is round like a ball and it revolves around the sun. It is the third planet from the sun with a distance of about 93 million miles. Earth is the only planet in the solar system that has liquid water on its surface. About 71% of the earth’s surface is covered by water. The rest 29% is land.
Earth is unique from other planets because it has the right temperature and composition of atmosphere to support life. The presence of water and air are two key factors that make the earth a habitable planet. Moreover, the gravity on earth is just right – not too strong and not too weak.
>>> Read Also: ” Speech On Courage “
Earth is a beautiful place with mountains, rivers, forests, beaches and so on. It is home to millions of different species of plants and animals. Human beings are also one of the many species that live on earth.
The earth takes care of all living beings by providing them with food, water and shelter. It also provides us with the necessary resources for survival such as wood, coal, oil, etc.
However, there are hell of threats being faced by mother earth. Firstly, the earth is being polluted by industrialization. The factories release harmful gases and chemicals into the air which pollute the air we breathe. The rivers and oceans are also being polluted by industrial waste. This is causing a lot of harm to the plants, animals and marine life.
Secondly, the earth is also facing the threat of global warming. The greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and methane trap the heat from the sun. This is causing the earth’s temperature to rise which is leading to climate change.
Thirdly, deforestation is another major threat to the earth. The trees are being cut down at an alarming rate for commercial purposes. This is causing a lot of harm to the environment as trees play a vital role in the carbon cycle. They help in reducing greenhouse gases and also provide us with oxygen.
Fourthly, overpopulation is also putting a lot of strain on the earth’s resources. The ever-increasing population is leading to more consumption of resources which is not sustainable in the long run. All these threats are causing a lot of harm to the earth and its inhabitants. We need to take immediate action to save our mother earth.
The first and foremost step that we need to take is to reduce pollution. We can do this by using less fossil fuels, recycling more and planting trees. It would be one of most critical steps that we are needed to take with due diligence. We need to stop deforestation and promote reforestation. This can be done by planting more trees and using less paper.
Secondly, we need to control the population growth. This can be done by educating people about family planning and creating awareness about the importance of controlling population growth.
Lastly, we need to take steps to combat global warming, as we discussed it before. This can be done by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, using renewable energy sources and planting trees.
>>>> Read Also: ” Speech on Honesty “
We need to take all these steps immediately to save our mother earth. Let us all join hands and do our bit to make the earth a better place for all living beings. Thank you!
Leave a Reply