What is HIV? What are its causes, how does it spread, what are its impacts and ways how to reduce its spread for leading a healthy life? These questions would be answered in this essay.
Essay on HIV Aids | How HIV Spreads? Impacts & Ways to Minimize it
HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) attacks human cells and weakens the immune system. It can eventually lead to full-blown AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome). It is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) and can also be passed on through infected blood or from mother to child.
HIV Aids is a dangerous and incurable disease which is caused by Human Immunodeficiency Virus. It attacks the body’s immune system and weakens the person’s ability to fight against diseases and infections. People with HIV Aids are more prone to get other infections and illnesses, which can be fatal if not treated on time.
Causes of HIV Spread:
Following are the causes of HIV Spread
1) Unprotected Sex: One of the major cause of HIV spread is unprotected sex. When a person has unprotected sex with an infected person, there are high chances that he/she may get infected with HIV virus.
>>>> Related Post: ” Essay on Blood Donation”
2) sharing needles and syringes: Another cause of HIV spread is sharing needles and syringes with an infected person. This is common among drug addicts who share needles while using drugs.
3) Infected blood transfusion: If a person receives blood transfusion from an infected person, he/she may get infected with HIV virus.
4) From mother to child during pregnancy: If a woman is infected with HIV virus, there are chances that she may pass on the infection to her child during pregnancy or delivery.
Impacts of HIV Aids:
HIV Aids not only affects the person who is infected, but also his/her family and friends. It has following impacts:
1) Emotional impact: HIV Aids not only physically weakens a person, but also affects him/her emotionally. The person may feel depressed, anxious and lonely.
2) financial impact: HIV Aids also has a financial impact on the infected person as well as his/her family. The treatment of HIV Aids is very expensive and the person may have to spend a lot of money on medicines and hospitalization.
3) social impact: HIV Aids also has a social impact on the infected person. The person may be discriminated and stigmatized by society. This may lead to social isolation of the person.
Ways to minimize the spread of HIV Aids:
There are following ways to minimize the spread of HIV Aids:
1) Use of condoms: The use of condoms is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of HIV Aids. It is important to use condoms during sexual intercourse to reduce the risk of infection.
2) Avoid sharing needles and syringes: It is important to avoid sharing needles and syringes with an infected person to prevent the spread of HIV Aids.
3) Get tested for HIV: It is important to get tested for HIV if you think you may have been exposed to the virus. Early diagnosis and treatment can help prevent the spread of HIV Aids.
4) Educate yourself about HIV: It is important to educate yourself about HIV Aids. This will help you to understand the disease and take measures to prevent its spread.
>>>>> Related Post: ” Speech on Health is Wealth For Students“
HIV Aids is a dangerous disease which can have a devastating impact on the person infected as well as his/her family and friends. It is important to take measures to prevent the spread of HIV Aids. Education is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of HIV Aids. It is important to educate yourself about HIV Aids and take measures to prevent its spread.
Leave a Reply