Co-Curricular Activities are of great importance in course of one’s journey of education. These Co-Curricular activities are the measure of a student’s alertness, curiosity, clarity and activeness. The following Essay on Co-Curricular activities talks about concept and meaning of Co-Curricular Activities, Importance of extra academic activities for students in their mental, personal and academic growth. This essay is really helpful for students.
Essay on Co curricular Activities and their Importance for Students:
Co-Curricular activity refers at all those activities which students undertake voluntarily and that are not a part of the formal academic curriculum. Co- Curricular Activities (CCA) play an important role in the overall development of a student. They help students to develop their skills, talents and abilities.
There are many different types of co curricular activities that students can engage in.
Some of the most popular co curricular activities include sports, music, arts and drama. Students who participate in co curricular activities tend to have better academic performance and are more likely to go on to tertiary education. They become physically active and confident.
Benefits of Co Curricular Activities at school:
There are many benefits of co curricular activities for students. Some of the key benefits include:
- Co curricular activities provide an opportunity for students to explore their interests and talents.
- Participation in co curricular activities can help to develop teamwork skills.
- Co curricular activities can provide a healthy outlet for stress and anxiety.
- Participation in co curricular activities can improve academic performance.
- Co curricular activities can enhance social skills and confidence.
- Co curricular activities can promote physical health and well-being.
- Co curricular activities can foster a sense of belonging and community spirit.
- Co curricular activities can develop leadership skills.
- Co curricular activities can provide an opportunity for personal growth and development.
- Co curricular activities can be a lot of fun!
>>>> Read Also: ” Essay on Advantages & Disadvantages of Self Study”
A student learn a lot from co curricular activity. He is able to maintain a balance between studies and other life goals. He is able to socialize with friends, learn new things, promote group work and more importantly co curricular activities makes a student fit and healthy.
Therefore co curricular activities should be an integral part of study. They are in fact, best exercises that we would miss in the later period of our life. It should not be viewed as an extra-curricular activity. It should be given equal importance as that of academics. CCA provides a platform for all round development of a student. It helps in the grooming of a student and makes him a better individual.